Happy Valentine’s Day!
Last time I was in New York, I stumbled upon this decadent and sinfully delicious cocktail at the Regency Bar & Grill at the Loews Regency Hotel on the Upper East Side. As somebody who loves chocolate but doesn’t like cloyingly sweet drinks, I was thrilled to find a chocolate martini that boasted the complex flavors of a good cocktail. Today, on the most romantic evening of the year, I find myself craving the heady combination of sultry ganache, smoky Mezcal and tart raspberry… whether you’re wining and dining a loved one tonight, or hosting the girls for cocktails, it’s the perfect way to kick off your evening this Valentine’s Day!
½ oz Mezcal
1 ¼ oz light crème de cocoa
1 ¼ oz Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
Dash of chocolate Syrup
3 raspberries for garnish
Cocoa powder for garnish
- Wet the rim of a martini glass and dip it in the cocoa powder to rim the glass.
- In a shaker, muddle the 3 raspberries with the Mezcal.
- Add in the Crème de Cacao, the Godiva Liqueur, and the dash of chocolate syrup.
- Fill with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into the martini glass.
- Garnish with a 3 raspberry pick!