by Megs Mahoney Dusil of PurseBlog
Five Luxurious Handbags That Every Collection Needs
While some people have closets filled wall to wall with designer handbags, most of us don’t, and it’s important to sift through all the handbag options to find just the right ones for your collection. When it comes to investing in a designer bag, there are a few things to look for. First, always think of how you’ll be carrying the bag and make sure you are picking a design that works for your lifestyle. Second, quality over quantity is very important, and you are better off saving to get a timeless classic that you can carry for years to come over jumping on the bandwagon of a seasonal trend. Lastly, remember that accessories are wonderful because they help change your outfit and tell your personal style story, so be true to yourself and let your accessories accentuate your shine!
It’s important to know your personal style while building your handbag wardrobe. After spending years in the
luxury accessory business, I’ve narrowed down five types of bags that are important for everyone’s collection.
1. Start with the perfect collection cornerstone: an everyday classic bag that combines elegance and timelessness. If you are on the go and have tons to juggle, make sure the bag has ample interior space along with an optional shoulder strap. Stick with a classic color like black, navy or other neutrals; the one you choose will depend on your typical wardrobe.
2. Add a compact day bag that transitions to night for maximum use. Make sure this bag is both chic and easy to wear.
3. It’s important to own a beautiful evening clutch because a structured box clutch automatically adds style and class to any outfit. You will want to pick a piece that can seamlessly go from black tie to a night on the town with your friends.
4. While focusing on classics is important, it’s just as important to show your personal style when it comes to your handbag choices. Opt for a bright clutch, wallet or pouch to really add pizzazz and a funky touch to your look.
5. An on-trend statement tote will finish off your handbag essentials by providing something fun and usable for a variety of situations. Pick a color that stands out but still flows with your wardrobe. Don’t be afraid to pick a bold color, they’re much more versatile than you think when mixed with your regular wardrobe.
The Chanel Boy Bag is a great option; the design is young and the brand offers a variety of sizes, colors and leathers.
Available in an array of colors and tonal studs, the Valentino Rockstud collection is sure to add flare to an every day outfit.
The ultimate timeless bag, the Hermes Birkin, is a highly recognizable symbol of iconic luxury.
For a statement tote, pick a bright and beautiful color like this cobalt blue Celine Luggage Tote. The bag will grab attention while providing ample usability as well.