We have all heard of the concept of meditation!
But what does it actually mean?
And what can it do for you?
Meditation can be defined as a “set of techniques that are intended to encourage a heightened state of awareness and focused attention.” Meditation is also a consciousness-changing technique that has been shown to have a wide number of benefits on psychological well-being.
If meditation is a state of awareness, then how can we “flick the switch” from our everyday awareness, to that of a heightened state of focused awareness that is reached during meditation? In an era where time is relative and we never seem to have enough of it, we will first have to make time for ourselves.
Although this may seem like a simple task, how simple is it in reality? With 2020 behind us and the dawn of finding “the new normal” ahead of us, it’s the perfect time to set up a meditation routine that works best for your personal needs and lifestyle.
There has been many recent breakthroughs in the movement of subtle energy in the past decade through quantum physics and the measurement of it. It’s important to recognize what level of energy you are allowing yourself to put out there! But more importantly, where is it coming from?
Let’s view this flow of energy as if we were an AM/FM Radio. What radio station do you want to tune into, receive and project? This is an easy concept to follow when meditating. But how can we tune into these subtle frequencies?
First we have to understand our 4 bodies, the differences between them, and how they communicate with each other.
1. The physical body is that of flesh and bone, we have our known senses that communicate our surroundings to us at all times and allows us to communicate back.
2. The Emotional Body governs the way we process our feelings, through our past emotional processes, that we have either let go of – for personal growth or held onto – for personal protection.
3. The Mental body is where our consciousness is brought to life and we can start to create a mental picture of “who we are” or, at least “who we think we are” anyway.
4. The Energy body, also known as the spiritual body, is that of a conduit of energy! Science states that energy can’t be destroyed or created, therefore it is a constant stream of ever changing movement.
If the energy that we give out is truly the energy that we get back in return, then what level of energy are we putting out into the ether?
If like attracts like, then what are we attracting to our lives on a daily basis? It’s a question of perspective and intention. How can we reverse the never ending cycle of our reactions from that which is directed at us, into action, which we are projecting from ourselves? Stress, anxiety, expectations, deadlines, traffic…..and the list goes on and on! In today’s modern world…What truly matters?
There are many ways in which we can attain this “state of internal awareness” and harness its energy!
To find out which method works best for you, here are 5 of my favorites, and their practices….
- Mindfulness meditation: at least 15 mins a day, preferably at the beginning or the end of your day.
- Floating meditation: once or twice a week. In water, suspended in the air, or with the aid of a crystal meditation mat.
- Elemental meditation: preferably in nature, while connected to one or all of the elements.
- Journey meditation: intention based weekend retreats or a spiritual pilgrimage.
- Regression meditation: guided meditation with a certified practitioner. Past and present lives.
Our intentions are more powerful than we can ever imagine. For now, let’s just be mindful and focus our intentions on simple acts, such as being less reactive, more loving, or perhaps it’s a question of self worth?
In order to reach our full potential we really have to put our own needs first, in order to be the best we can be, for ourselves, our family, friends, and those that we love…
Now the question is….. do you want to be the effect of your own cause (action) or the effect of someone else’s cause (reaction)?
This is one of many things that meditation can do for you!
For me, meditation has brought me a sense of purpose and allowed me to focus my intentions in a positive and productive manor. It has given me the opportunity to embrace my vulnerability and release trapped emotions that did not serve my wellbeing.
The road to personal fulfillment and wisdom is not easy, but through perseverance and dedication it becomes easier and easier. And boy is it rewarding! Remember there are no wrong ways!
So just carve out some time for yourself and just give it a try!
“Do right and fear not!”
Daniel Baseggio is a renowned international Beauty and Color expert who has infused his curiosity and passion for metaphysical modalities for personal healing and growth working on his concept of “Inside/Outside Beauty”. Daniel is also a certified Akashic Therapist and Seichem Reiki Healer and an Oracle Mastery Practitioner.Find Daniel @daniellouisbaseggio