Villa Blanca has always been famous for their Tuna Tartare and it’s one of my absolute favorite appetizers. Delicious raw Ahi tossed with cucumber and avocado, this dish is light and flavorful with a spicy kick! Here’s a simple version that’s easy to make at home. Your guests will love it!
For the Tartare:
Makes 1 large portion
½ lb sashimi grade Ahi Tuna, cut into small cubes
3 oz cucumber, peeled & seeds removed, cubed slightly smaller than tuna
3 oz avocado, cubed same size as tuna
3 green onions, chopped finely
Tsp sesame seeds
2 tsp sesame oil
1 – 2 tsp Sriracha, depending on taste
Salt to taste
Micro greens, diced tomato & balsamic reduction for garnish
1. In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together lightly.
2. Place a cookie cutter ring onto a plate and fill with the tartare.
3. Press down lightly until the tartare is packed, then remove the ring.
4. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and top with micro greens. Serve with wonton crisps.
For the Wonton Crisps:
Square wonton wrappers, halved
White truffle oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a wok, heat about an inch of the canola oil until hot. Make sure to watch this closely – do not let it boil or it could catch fire!
- Add in the wonton wrappers a few at a time and fry lightly until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Drizzle with truffle oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.